Alternative Processing for PayPal
Take Control of Your Money!
Experience the difference of having a robust alternative to PayPal in an all-in-one merchant account and gateway solution. An eBay merchant account provides your customers with a streamlined checkout process without any third-party intervention. Using a merchant account also gives your store a more professional, established and credible look and feel, which is essential in boosting your conversion rate.
Potential eBay users wonder if they can use the website if they can’t (or won’t) use PayPal and what alternatives to PayPal exist to make financial transactions.
Frankly, eBay and PayPal are joined at the hip, with PayPal being more important for profitability and growth than the eBay marketplace in the eyes of eBay corporation.
No wonder, then, that eBay so heavily emphasizes PayPal, making it seem almost as though there are no alternatives to the service for merchants on their platform.
This can be a problem if you don’t want to use PayPal, or worse, if you can’t use PayPal from the country that you’re currently in, making global shopping on eBay seem impossible.
So, is there a way around the use of PayPal for eBay trading? yes! Though there was a period during which PayPal was effectively the only means of payment on eBay (certainly the only one for distant purchases), those days are over.
Domestic Seller or Shopper With a PayPal Aversion
If your client’s distaste for PayPal leads you to want alternatives, consider opening an American Merchant Brokers eBay Merchant Account as an alternative to PayPal to process credit card or e-check payments directly. This gets you away from dependence on PayPal.
Domestic Shopper Who Can’t Be Bothered
If you’re interested in shopping eBay but simply don’t want to create yet another online payment account, don’t worry—these days, you don’t have to create a PayPal account to pay with a credit card through PayPal. You can simply plug in your payment information at checkout time, without creating an account, to pay for your purchase and since we offer an eBay credit card processing account your rates are far lower than what eBay charges.
Compare American Merchant Brokers to PayPal
- Funds deposited directly into your account giving you full control with Federal Protection.
- Merchant Friendly. Get the ability to fight disputes directly with a grace period.
- Run your business with peace of mind with greater control over your funds.
- Offers the best rates in the industry for credit card processing. Application and setup fees are included at no cost and the standard rate for web/mail/phone transactions are .18%.
- Credit cards and debit cards continue to be the preferred choice of payment when shopping online. Accept credit cards directly on your website for customer convenience and boost sales.
- With American Merchant Brokers you are part of a protected network that is PCI Certified. Our online terminal provides your customers with the most secure buying experience available.
- Display the Verified Authorize.net Merchant Seal directly on your website to provide customers with peace of mind that their information is securely collected, processed and stored.
- Receive payment in as few as one day (next business day) and have your funds automatically deposited directly into your bank account.
- PayPal Fully Controls Your Funds and can Freeze Your Account at Any Time, Leaving You without Access and without a Payment Solution.
- Once an account is frozen it’s often held by PayPal for Weeks on end While Your Bills Pile up and Your Business Stands Still.
- Avoid Getting Your PayPal Account Frozen & The Domino Effect that Prevents You From Fulfilling Orders, Resulting in Charge-Backs and the Illusion of Fraudulent Activity
- PayPal’s rates vary based on the payments received per month. The fee per transaction for payment amounts of up to $3,000 is 2.9%.
- Customers must set up a PayPal account in order to purchase, creating an extra step in the buying process.
- PayPal is not a regulated financial institution and is not FDIC insured.
- PayPal is often seen as a simple entry solution in comparison to a merchant account and gateway account. It’s a third-party option with a separate checkout process.
- Funds can take from 5 to 21 days to become available, at which point you must manually request a transfer to your bank account.
- PayPal monitors its own fraud filters and you have no insight into how transactions are accepted or declined. Without making an educated decision yourself, you risk missing out on potential sales.